FJ Engish Award for RROCA Club Members' Photographs of Club Events
- The name of the Award recognises the photographic contribution to The Foundation of the F. J Engish Photographic Archive, containing some 20,000 photographs of cars and people, particularly of RROCA and Branch events. This Archive was gifted to The Foundation by 50-year RROCA Member Fred Engish who has taken these photographs over his time with the Club. A prize is awarded to the Club Member whose photograph, taken at a Club event during the calendar year, is judged by the Trustees as being of artistic merit and is representative of the ethos of the Club in relation to both Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars and fellowship amongst Members.” The current process is for the Praeclarvm Editor to “advertise” the Award in the last two issues for the year with a closing date of end-February to allow adjudication of the Award prior to presentation at the annual Federal RROC-A Rally. Click here for past winners. Click here to download the entry form. 2021 Entries Close April 30th
Sir Henry Royce Foundation - Award for Excellence in Automotive Engineering
- Sir Henry Royce Foundation - Awards for Excellence for Apprentices in Automotive studies. There are two awards for apprentices in Automotive studies at Kangan Institute.
1) The SHRF award is presented to an automotive apprentice who has made a significant contribution to the pursuit of excellence in their studies at the Victorian Kangan Institute. The award was first presented in 2007 and consists of a trophy and a cheque for $1,000.
2) The Lionel Gell School of Instruction Award to the apprentice of the year in Automotive studies which carries a cheque for $5,000.
A perpetual trophy which records the award winners is housed in the Foundation's Archive. Click here for criteria and a nomination form. Click here for past winners.
- This trophy is awarded solely at the discretion of the Trustees. This trophy is awarded to a person who, in the opinion of the Trustees, has made a significant and long-term contribution to the ideals of Sir Henry Royce – the pursuit of excellence. Click here for current holder and past winners.
The Sir Henry Royce Foundation - Art Award
The Foundation’s Art Award, held under the auspices of the
Sherbrook Art Society, Sherbrook, Melbourne. Paintings entered
into this competition must have a Rolls-Royce or Bentley as the
main theme.The standard of paintings is extremely high. The
three prize-winning paintings are acquired by The Foundation
under the terms of the competition and are and are hung in
Bill Allsep House. Cash prizes for first, second and third.
Click here for criteria and entry form.
Click here for past winners.
Click here for article on the Award Winners in
The Sir Henry Royce Foundation - Research Award
In 2017, the Trustees of the Foundation initiated ‘The Sir Henry Royce Foundation Research Award. This award, with a prize of $500, which will be awarded annually to the person who in the opinion of Trustees, has made best use of Foundation ‘Archive’ to research a topic of Rolls-Royce and Bentley interest and who has published this research in Praeclarum or in a wider distribution, publically available media. This Award is open to all, not just members of the RROC-A. Entries must be submitted to the Hon. Archivist by end-January so that the Trustees and Archivist can decide on a winner for announcement at the annual Federal Rally of the RROCA. Click here for the nomination form.
©All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording without express written consent from the copyright owner. Individual works of art are copyright of respective copyright owner.